The growing starts on September 1st, 2021 and will continue through May 18th, 2022 (excluding holiday weeks)! 3DKids Rooted will meet on campus unless Forsyth School District closes due to Covid or inclement weather. What to expect for the 3DKids Rooted program on FBC Forsyth's campus:
- Our motto is Deep Roots, Strong Shoots which means we will strive to teach God’s Word so that children can understand the Scripture and apply it to their lives. Accomplishing this goal means that children will be rooted (deep roots in the understanding of God's Word) and established in the faith (strong shoots as they reach adulthood) as commanded in Colossians 2:6-7.
- Large Group Time: Students recite pledges to the American flag and the Bible and start the evening with worship, a lesson explaining the verse of night, and announcements.
- Small Group Time: After large group time, students will split into grade based classes. While in small groups children will have conversations with their leaders about the verse of the night to help them understand it better. Small group time will also include prayer with leaders where students can share prayer concerns. There will be activities in class that will reinforce the verse they are learning. These activities will vary each week, but some examples would be coloring sheets, word searches, and memorization games. All activities will be age appropriate.
- 3DKids Rooted will use the Gospel Project curriculum. The Gospel Project is a weekly Bible study that helps kids dive deep into the big story of the Bible—God’s plan to rescue His people through His Son, Jesus Christ. Features of the Gospel Project curriculum include:
- Christ-centered. Each lesson helps kids see how the whole Bible points to Jesus and the gospel.
- Spiritual Disciplines. Each unit will focus on a Spiritual Discipline. When appropriate, these disciplines will be connected to the Bible story from the main Gospel Project for Kids content, but at other times, they will be taught from other Bible stories.
- Chronological study. Lessons are told in chronological order from Genesis to Revelation to unite the big story and themes of Scripture.
Masks are strongly encouraged for both leaders and students, but are not required. Each family has the choice whether or not to have their children wear masks to 3DKids Rooted. Hand sanitizer will be available at all times, and classrooms will be cleaned according to CDC guidelines between Sundays and Wednesdays. What to expect for online 3DKids Rooted:
- In the case of a Forsyth School District closure whether due to Covid or inclement weather, 3DKids Rooted will move online.
- Meetings will be held on Zoom for a duration of 30 minutes
- Large group time with pledges, a Scripture based worship song, and a teaching time.
- For information on the security measures we will incorporate to keep our Zoom meetings safe, please read this article . A Zoom meeting invitation with a pass code will be sent to parents/guardians via the free Remind app. We also ask that a parent/guardian be present with the children while they are on the Zoom call.
If you have any questions about the 3DKids Rooted program, please email Megan Shaffer.